Position Title: Senior ESG Consultant
Location: Remote within the U.S.
The Senior ESG Consultant reports directly to the Director of ESG and supports SIG’s ESG Department. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong skills in data analysis, interpersonal communication, and time management. The successful candidate will work directly with corporate sustainability team members to develop and implement environment, social, and governance (ESG) strategies and initiatives to support commercial real estate clients.
Primary responsibilities for this position include performing large-scale data management, environmental performance data analysis (energy, water, greenhouse gas emissions, waste), and support with various sustainability reports.
This position requires coordination directly with our clients; therefore, they must have superior communication, writing, and presentation skills. The position also involves producing high-quality reports such as graphs, tables, and presentations to present to our clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage multiple ESG portfolios for commercial real estate clients (GRESB, CDP, GRI, etc.)
- Oversee multiple ESG functions for these portfolios (including data acquisition, data verification, GRESB, CDP, ESG Reporting, etc.).
- Contribute to project meetings and create a forum for collaboration between project team members.
- Maintain project schedules and budgets for multiple projects on different timelines.
- Promptly update the project team on changes as they relate to ESG reporting.
- Contribute ideas for continual improvement of project processes via ESG Department workshop or other means.
- Research and provide content to SIG 101/SIG University’s peer education sessions.
- Provide content to SIG blog and ongoing “Green Education” newsletters periodically.
- Business Development in SIG’s current market cities and prepare proposals for work, as needed.
- Participate in industry association’s steering opportunities.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge through professional development and organization participation.
- Incorporate team feedback into individual performance.
- Complete Mavenlink timesheets, 15Five reports and expense reports weekly in a timely manner.
- Track short and long-term personal and professional goals throughout the year.
- Collect and analyze ESG data, create ESG reporting for internal and external stakeholders, conduct research on ESG industry trends, provide project management to our commercial real estate clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree, major in: Environmental Science, Architecture, Engineering, Energy Management, Real Estate, Sustainability, or related field.
- 3+ years of ESG experience, including GRESB, CDP and UNSDG’s
- Familiarity with Energy Star Portfolio.
- Experience submitting 2+ GRESB Portfolios.
- Project Management Experience.
- Familiarity with ISSP 4001 recommended.
- Passion for green buildings and sustainability; independently driven to learn new systems and skills to improve the built environment, including LEED, WELL and Fitwel.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, self-guided with the ability to deliver timely results.
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking, and Self Motivating
If this position is of interest to you, please send your resume and cover letter to Beka Rund at: firstname.lastname@example.org