Technical Proposal Writer – Sustainability Reports, ENERGY STAR, LEED and Construction Services
Location: Remote within the U.S., HQ in Greater Atlanta
Do you have a passion for sustainability AND are the person your friends come to when they need something to be proofread for accuracy? Can you deliver that accuracy not just once, but every single day? Then we just might have your perfect job!
Our Technical Proposal Writer will report directly to the Vice President of Sales and collaborate with the executive Head of Communications. Position supports sales teams with completing their flow of proposals (RFPs) for an array of services provided by Green Building Holdings to clients across the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry.
Services described in proposals include Engineering, Sustainability, Professional Education, 3D Virtual “Digital Twins”, Construction, etc. This position plans, populates and submits a variety of RFP’s including for energy modeling projects, commissioning, energy audits, LEED for Existing Buildings projects, Zero-Net-Energy (ZNE) and other decarbonization studies.
Knowledge of general construction and sustainability terminology is critical (commissioning, retro-commissioning, ASHRAE Standards 90.1 and 62.1, LEED BD+C, ID+C and EB O+M rating systems, ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have at least their LEED Green Associate credential and 5+ years of experience with either public RFP writing or proposal writing in an AEC context (an architecture, engineering or construction business). Ideal candidate will also be able to contribute to general communications that engage the marketplace and internal staff regarding sustainability and built environment topics. Candidate’s experience and references should demonstrate the ability to work independently in a deadline focused environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Populate and complete multiple green building and sustainability services proposals for clients as described in above General Summary.
- Support engineering and sustainability teams with responses to investor/shareholder sustainability inquiries/questionnaires.
- Assist in writing copy for various award applications on an annual basis (ENERGY STAR, BOMA, NAREIT Leader in the Light, etc.)
- Compose content related to environmental, social, and governance initiatives for key client’s annual sustainability report.
- Participate in and be able to lead team meetings and support a forum for collaboration among departments and project team members.
- Maintain proposal flows for multiple projects on different timelines.
- Promptly update project team on changes to proposal scope or requirements throughout the project timeline.
- Contribute ideas for continual improvement of project processes via Department workshop or other means.
- Research and provide content to GBH peer education sessions as needed.
- Provide content or insights to GBH blogs and ongoing “Green Education” newsletters periodically.
- Business Development in GBH’s current market cities as needed.
- Participate in industry association opportunities.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge through professional development and organization participation.
- Incorporate team feedback into individual performance.
- Complete Mavenlink timesheets, 15Five reports and expense reports weekly in a timely manner.
- Track short and long-term personal and professional goals throughout the year.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a passion for green buildings and sustainability; independently driven to learn new systems and skills to improve the built environment.
- Must have a passion for accuracy in writing (be the person your friends come to when there is proofreading or checking to be done!)
- 3+ years of AEC or Sustainability proposal writing experience (and references on quality of completed proposals) required; Public or Government proposal writing experience a plus.
- LEED accreditation (LEED Green Associate) or other energy or construction credentials strongly recommended.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, self-guided with the ability to deliver timely results.
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking, and Self Motivating
If this position is of interest to you, please send your resume and cover letter to Beka Rund at: email@example.com