Position Title: Sustainability Consultant
The Sustainability Consultant reports directly to the Director of Sustainability – Wellness and supports SIG’s Sustainability Consulting Department on LEED, WELL, Fitwel and ESG projects. Plans, leads and manages a variety of LEED, WELL and Fitwel projects for new construction and existing buildings. Knowledge of LEED BD+C, ID+C and/or EB O+M rating systems required. Experience and knowledge of WELL, Fitwel and ESG Reporting recommended. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience consulting on sustainability projects and should demonstrate the ability to work independently in a deadline focused environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee multiple projects related to sustainable and healthy buildings (including but not limited to: LEED, WELL, and Fitwel) for commercial real estate clients.
- Manage corporate client sustainability needs through platforms such as GRESB/GRI/CDP and other client-specific benchmarking tools.
- Maintain project schedules and budgets for multiple projects on different timelines.
- Contribute ideas for continual improvement of internal project processes and team efficiency.
- Training – perform external training to industry professionals (LEED/Fitwel/WELL/etc).
- Research and provide content to SIG 101/SIG University’s peer education sessions.
- Provide content to SIG blog and ongoing “Green Education” newsletters periodically.
- Business Development in SIG’s current market cities and prepare proposals for work, as needed.
- Participate in USGBC’s or other industry association’s steering opportunities.
- Participate in continuing education to build and maintain your professional credentials.
- Incorporate team feedback into individual performance.
- Complete Mavenlink timesheets, 15Five reports and expense reports weekly in a timely manner.
- Track short and long-term personal and professional goals throughout the year.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- LEED accreditation (LEED AP) and project experience required.
- Familiarity with WELL/Fitwel recommended.
- Familiarity with ESG Reporting recommended.
- Passion for green buildings and sustainability; independently driven to learn new systems and skills to improve the built environment.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, self-guided with the ability to deliver timely results.
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking, and Self Motivating
If this position is of interest to you, please send your resume and cover letter to Beka Rund at: email@example.com