Position Title: Senior Sustainability Consultant
The Senior Sustainability Consultant reports directly to the Director of Sustainability – Built Environment and supports SIG’s Sustainability Consulting Department on LEED & BREEAM projects. Plans, leads, and manages a variety of LEED and BREEAM projects for new construction and existing buildings. Knowledge of LEED and BREEAM rating systems required. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience consulting on sustainability projects and should demonstrate the ability to work independently in a deadline focused environment. 5+ completed LEED v4 projects and 5+ completed BREEAM assessments preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
Senior Sustainability Consultant
- Oversee multiple projects related to sustainable and healthy buildings (including but not limited to: LEED & BREEAM) for commercial real estate clients.
- Maintain project schedules and budgets for multiple projects on different timelines.
- Contribute ideas for continual improvement of internal project processes and team efficiency.
- Training – perform internal (project management processes, quality control and career development) and external training to industry professionals (LEED/Fitwel/WELL/etc).
- Research and provide content to SIG 101/SIG University’s peer education sessions.
- Provide content to SIG blog and ongoing “Green Education” newsletters periodically.
- Participate in USGBC’s or other industry association’s steering opportunities.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge through professional development and organization participation.
- Add opinions to company growth strategy, marketing, and business development.
- Incorporate team feedback into individual performance.
- Track short and long-term personal and professional goals throughout the year.
- Provide training to members of the team as well as clients, vendors, and contractors.
- Be apprised of status of projects, including issues – provide advice, best practices, tips to discussing situations with clients, and more.
- Provide and request feedback (positive and constructive) to team members in a timely manner on their work.
- Inspire and encourage the entire team through regular positive interactions, even in stressful high-workload times.
- Continue to identify what motivates team members and proactively take initiative for team building opportunities
- Inspire team members to produce new ideas for processes and new revenue streams.
- Manage multiple green building projects for commercial real estate clients (including LEED & BREEAM, etc).
- Run certain higher profile LEED (v4.1 or EB) and BREEAM projects.
- Continuously seek to improve and optimize internal processes to build efficiency within the Department.
- Contribute project and subject matter information for use in social media posts, blogs for our website, and internal educational purposes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- LEED Accreditation (LEED AP) and project experience required
- BREEAM Assessor
- Passion for green buildings and sustainability; independently driven to learn new systems and skills to improve the built environment
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Excellent problem solving skills, detail oriented, self guided with the ability to deliver timely results
- Ethical conduct
- Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking, and Self Motivated
- Open to anywhere within the US – remote work.
If this position is of interest to you, please send your resume and cover letter to Beka Rund at: email@example.com