Position Title: Senior Sustainability Consultant
The Senior Sustainability Consultant reports directly to the Director of Sustainability – Wellness and supports SIG’s Sustainability Consulting Department on LEED, WELL, and Fitwel projects. Plans, leads, and manages a variety of LEED, WELL and Fitwel projects for new construction and existing buildings. Knowledge of LEED, WELL and Fitwel rating systems required. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience consulting on sustainability projects and should demonstrate the ability to work independently in a deadline focused environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee multiple projects related to sustainable and healthy buildings (including but not limited to: LEED, WELL, and Fitwel) for commercial real estate clients.
- Manage corporate client sustainability needs through platforms such as GRESB/GRI/CDP and other client-specific benchmarking tools.
- Maintain project schedules and budgets for multiple projects on different timelines.
- Contribute ideas for continual improvement of internal project processes and team efficiency.
- Training – perform internal (project management processes, quality control and career development) and external training to industry professionals (LEED/Fitwel/WELL/etc).
- Research and provide content to SIG 101/SIG University’s peer education sessions.
- Provide content to SIG blog and ongoing “Green Education” newsletters periodically.
- Business Development in SIG’s current market cities and prepare proposals for work, as needed.
- Be an active participant in the sales team to grow relationships and new markets.
- Participate in USGBC’s or other industry association’s steering opportunities.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge through professional development and organization participation.
- Add opinions to company growth strategy, marketing, and business development.
- Incorporate team feedback into individual performance.
- Complete Mavenlink timesheets, 15Five reports and expense reports weekly in a timely manner.
- Track short and long-term personal and professional goals throughout the year.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- LEED accreditation (LEED AP) and project experience required.
- WELL AP and/or Fitwel ambassador accreditation and project experience required.
- Passion for green buildings and sustainability; independently driven to learn new systems and skills to improve the built environment.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, self-guided with the ability to deliver timely results.
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking, and Self Motivating
If this position is of interest to you, please send your resume and cover letter to Beka Rund at: bekar@localhost