We want to thank everyone who participated in the webinar, “Unlocking the Essentials of Local Law 97: Navigating NYC’s Building Emissions Regulations,” by GBES on August 23. An impressive turnout of 400 attendees joined us to gain insights into the implications of this law for building owners and managers in New York City.
During the session, we discussed:
- The core principles of Local Law 97.
- How the law will influence both New Yorkers and their buildings.
- Steps that building owners or managers can take to mitigate risks while aligning with Local Law 97’s requirements.
- Navigating the plethora of resources available to ensure seamless compliance with Local Law 97, like Energy Star Portfolio Manager.
Participants asked great questions on topics such as which buildings are included in the law, how building owners can calculate their greenhouse gas emissions, how financial penalties are assessed, the key compliance strategies, and more.
Key takeaways from the webinar include:
- Imminent Deadlines: The emissions limits will be enforced starting January 1, 2024.
- The Importance of Preparedness: Building owners must proactively benchmark their energy and emissions performance. Determining their emissions limits early allows ample time to strategize and implement necessary improvements. A foundation of robust data and precise analysis is pivotal.
- Guidance and Support: A myriad of resources are accessible to assist building owners and managers in understanding their emissions, identifying limits, enhancing their buildings’ efficiency, and ensuring adherence to Local Law 97. These resources also help in optimizing operating costs and minimizing carbon footprints.
To delve deeper into Local Law 97 and its available resources and explore how Sustainable Investment Group (SIG) can support you, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2023 Sustainable Investment Group (SIG). All rights reserved.