Associate Director of Energy - Existing Buildings
PE, BCxP, LEED AP O+M, ID+CLocation of employee:
Atlanta | Boulder | Los Angeles | Minneapolis | New York | San Francisco | Washington, D.C.
As the Associate Director of Energy, Jeff Stewart is responsible for various revenue streams such as energy audits, LEED EB engineering, ENERGY STAR Benchmarking and Certification, and city/state benchmarking ordinances. Additionally, he assists with developing strategic growth plans, identifying new revenue streams, and managing the Energy-Existing Buildings Department.
Jeff holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology. He is also an accredited Professional Engineer (PE) and LEED AP O+M and ID+C.
Jeff has over 6 years of experience in the commercial HVAC industry and over 9 years of experience working on projects seeking LEED certification. Prior to working for SIG, Jeff worked as a co-op student for Salas O’Brien in Atlanta, GA. At Salas O’Brien, he used AutoCAD to design and model commercial HVAC systems for single office and high-rise office buildings including the Delta Dental building and First Data Center in Atlanta, GA.
Jeff’s primary sustainability goal is to increase the efficiencies of commercial HVAC systems in order to reduce the impact those systems have on rising energy demands. When not working, he is an avid fan of sports (especially the Atlanta Braves and Atlanta Falcons), and he also enjoys Geocaching and playing recreational sports. Jeff also likes obstacle course racing with the “Spartan Race” as his favorite.
- ASHRAE member
Key Projects Include:
- ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence
- U.S. Bank Stadium – LEED Platinum – Minneapolis, MN
- Georgia 400 Center – LEED Gold – Alpharetta, GA
- 11 Madison Avenue – LEED Gold – New York, NY
- One Deerfield Centre – LEED Gold – Alpharetta, GA
- 10-24 School Street – LEED Gold – Boston, MA
- 1500 K Street – LEED Gold – Washington, DC
- Georgia World Congress Center – LEED Gold – Atlanta, GA
- Savannah International Trade and Convention Center – LEED Gold – Savannah, GA
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta – LEED Gold – Atlanta, GA
- Resurgens Plaza – LEED Gold – Atlanta, GA
- 265 Franklin Street – LEED Gold – Boston, MA
- 2099 Pennsylvania Avenue — LEED Gold — Washington, DC
- Morgan Stanley Data Center – LEED Gold – Somorset, NJ
- 1180 Peachtree – LEED Platinum – Atlanta, GA
- Atrium Two – LEED Gold – Cincinnati, OH
- Scripps Center – LEED Gold – Cincinnati, OH
- UPS Supply Chain Solutions – LEED Gold – Alpharetta, GA
- 420 Lexington Avenue – LEED Gold – New York, NY
- Landmark Center – LEED Gold – Boston, MA
- Wells Fargo Plaza – LEED Silver – Minneapolis, MN