Position Title: Energy Consultant
The Energy Consultant reports directly to the Engineering Department Manager and supports SIG’s Engineering Department on LEED and other engineering projects. Plans, leads and manages commissioning, energy modeling, energy audit and LEED for Existing Buildings projects. Knowledge of ASRHAE Procedures for Commercial Building Energy Audits, ASHRAE Standards 90.1 and 62.1, LEED BD+C, ID+C and EB O+M rating systems, latest energy modeling software (IESVE) and ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience with engineering consulting projects and should demonstrate the ability to work independently in a deadline focused environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee multiple green building projects (primarily LEED) for commercial real estate clients (including Energy Audits, Commissioning, Energy Modeling, ENERGY STAR, etc).
- Lead project meetings and create a forum for collaboration between project team members.
- Maintain project schedules and budgets for multiple projects on different timelines.
- Promptly update project team on changes to pre-requisites or credits throughout the project timeline.
- Contribute ideas for continual improvement of project processes via Engineering Department workshop or other means.
- Research and provide content to SIG 101/SIG University’s peer education sessions.
- Provide content to SIG blog and ongoing “Green Education” newsletters periodically.
- Business Development in SIG’s current market cities and prepare proposals for work, as needed.
- Participate in ASHRAE/IBPSA or other industry association’s steering opportunities.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge through professional development and organization participation.
- Incorporate team feedback into individual performance.
- Complete Mavenlink timesheets, 15Five reports and expense reports weekly in a timely manner.
- Track short and long-term personal and professional goals throughout the year.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- LEED accreditation (LEED AP) or engineering credentials (Commissioning, Energy Modeling, Energy Audit, etc) and project experience required.
- Familiarity with IESVE recommended.
- Energy Modeling, Energy Audit and/or Commissioning experience required.
- Passion for green buildings and sustainability; independently driven to learn new systems and skills to improve the built environment.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, self-guided with the ability to deliver timely results.
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking, and Self Motivating
If this position is of interest to you, please send your resume and cover letter to Beka Rund at: email@example.com