The LEED AP+ Building Design & Construction (BD&C) specialty replaces the LEED AP for New Construction accreditation. This program is geared toward professionals participating in the design and construction phases of durable and economical high-performance buildings. BD&C-accredited professionals apply their knowledge to commercial, institutional, and high-rise residential construction projects. The multiple-choice test is expected to take up to two hours.
- LEED AP+ BD&C professionals who have taken and passed this two-hour exam understand all of the prerequisites and credits required for buildings to obtain the following three certifications:
- LEED for New Construction – Design and construction activities for new buildings and major renovations of existing buildings.
- LEED for Core and Shell – Developer leads design and construction of the core and shell of a building, with no control over the design and construction of the tenant fit-out.
- LEED for Schools – Design and construction activities for both new school buildings and major renovations of existing school buildings.
The LEED AP+ credential will make you more marketable to employers and clients, as it will confirm your knowledge about the green building industry, and your commitment to sustainability.
Courses run from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Sustainable Investment Group’s Study Toolkit
- Access to 4 online Practice Exams for 60 days
- Access to our LEED experts for follow-up questions
- Live Proctoring of Sample Exam Questions and Scenarios
- LEED Candidate Handbook
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
If you do intend on pursuing a LEED AP+ designation and are not already a LEED AP, you must take the Green Associate first. You can take both exams in one sitting or two separate days.