CDT, LEED AP BD+CLocation of employee:
Atlanta, GA | Boulder, CO | Minneapolis, MN | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA
DuWayne is an accomplished LEED professional with over 10 years of experience delivering LEED certifications across a diverse portfolio of project types.
He has facilitated certification for over 4,000,000 square feet of Retail, Healthcare, K-12 and Higher Education projects throughout the Midwest and south-eastern region of the US. DuWayne has a proven track record of successfully guiding owners, A/E design professionals and General Contractors through all phases of the LEED credit compliance and documentation requirements. He is highly proficient at helping project teams understand the nuances of the various credits strategies within the different LEED rating systems.
DuWayne co-leads our business development efforts with A/E firms, facility owners and operators to drive new business and revenue growth. DuWayne brings a thorough understanding of the EnergyStar program, Federal Tax Credit Incentives, Utility Rebate programs and Green Funding sources. He previously spent 4 years as the Technical Account Manager with the AEP Ohio Business Incentives New Construction program where he led B2B development initiatives with AEP Ohio customers, including school districts, higher education institutions, healthcare organizations, manufacturers and private business to enroll projects in the New Constructions program.
His responsibilities involved ensuring supporting data and documentation was created and collected for engineering review, third-party audits and regulatory compliance with the Ohio Public Utilities Commission.
DuWayne earned an A.A.S. degree in Construction Management at Columbus State Community College and also completed Construction Systems Management coursework at Ohio State University as well.
- Technical Leader & Sustainability Consultant on 35 LEED certified projects in 3 states, representing 2.5 million square feet
- Technical Leader & Sustainability Consultant on 33 active LEED projects in 5 states, representing nearly 2 million square feet
- LEED Project Experience in K-12, Higher Education, Athletics, Airport, Military, Healthcare, Hospitality, Corrections, Healthcare, Office, & Retail Facilities
- Over a decade of USGBC Ohio chapter volunteer & Leadership experience (2009-2020)
- LEED-specific undergraduate research published in American Schools of Construction academic journal (2013)
- Greenbuild 2013 USGBC Scholarship Recipient (2013)
- USGBC Students Region 7 Golden Leaf Award (2013)
- Beta tester for LEED Neighborhood Development (2010)
- President, Construction Specifications Institute CSCC Student Chapter (2008-2010)
- Ohio State University Team Member, ABC Construction Management Student Competition (2012)
- Ohio State University Team Member, ASC Construction Management Student Competition (2013-2014)
- Emerging Professionals Committee, USGBC Central Ohio Chapter (2012-2014)
- Board Member, Construction Specifications Institute Columbus Chapter (2013-2015)
- Green Schools Committee, USGBC Ohio, Central Region (2011-Present)
- Green Schools Compendium Research, USGBC Central Ohio Chapter (2012-2017)
- Regional Leadership Team, USGBC Ohio, Central Region (2018 – Present)
- Advocacy Committee, USGBC Ohio, Central Region (2014 – Present)
- Planning Committee, DesignColumbus (Trade Show) (2009, 2011, 2012, 2014-Present)
- Columbus 2030 District Committee Chairman (2018-Present)