Project Coordinator: LEED Building Design + Construction
SIG is seeking a project coordinator with LEED, general contracting, and/or sustainable building materials experience who aligns with our company culture (experience level can vary). SIG’s major markets include New York, Boston, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Dallas/Austin/Houston, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. A candidate for this position can be based out of either Atlanta or Minneapolis.
The Project Coordinator: LEED Building Design + Construction reports directly to the Consulting Department Manager (VP of Development and Strategic Planning) and supports SIG’s Consulting Department on LEED Building Design + Construction (BD+C) projects. This role manages documentation for components of LEED BD+C projects, including New Construction, Commercial Interior, Core and Shell located across the U.S. Must have excellent organizational and data management skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage multiple components of SIG’s LEED active design and construction projects
- Work with SIG’s Consulting Team project managers to facilitate organization and documentation of relevant, incoming data for LEED applications
- Coordinate with general contractors and educate where needed, to facilitate documentation for building materials (EPDs, Raw Material Sourcing, Materials Ingredients, Low-emitting criteria, etc.)
- Coordinate with design team members for documentation regarding site qualities and location
- Contribute ideas for continual improvement of project processes
- Contribute project and subject matter information for use in social media posts, blogs for SIG’s website, and internal educational purposes
Knowledge, Skills Abilities
- Accredited Degree from a 4-year college or university in a related area of study preferred. Experience with the LEED rating system, with a general contractor, or sustainable materials may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Requires familiarity with the design and construction processes for commercial buildings
- Excellent problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, self-guided with the ability to deliver timely results
- Excellent communications skills – both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage tasks on multiple projects at once, often with differing schedules
- Passion for sustainability and sustainable buildings; independently driven to learn new systems and skills to improve the built environment
- LEED accreditation (LEED AP or LEED Green Associate can be pursued upon employment as needed)
Sustainable Investment Group (SIG) is a full-service, green building consulting firm that provides LEED and related technical services (i.e., Energy Star Benchmarking, Energy Audits, Cx/R-Cx). Our client work extends nationwide. Every team member has earned LEED professional credentials, and our team has years of LEED project experience (new and existing buildings) as well as green retrofits as part of corporate sustainability goals. Our collective team brings design, construction, real estate, and LEED project management experience to each project.
SIG is a successful & growing company that earns repeat business through quality of work, honesty, and credibility. As part of our team, we encourage entrepreneurial spirit that allows forward-thinking teamwork while delivering results. SIG also provides industry-leading training; we help transform the green building movement through a combination of recognized consulting and LEED training. SIG is based in Atlanta, GA and has offices in Boulder, CO / Minneapolis, MN / New York, NY / and San Francisco, CA.
About Our Culture
At SIG, our success is derived from our team’s commitment to supporting happiness and excellence, promoting sustainability through education and community involvement, creating win-win opportunities, and developing enduring ties, while bringing enthusiasm to the work we do. Our purpose is to lower the environmental impact of human operations. These core values shape our culture and guide our decisions. SIG’s dynamic culture truly sets us apart, and we have been listed as one of the Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance
- Commissions, profit sharing, and bonuses
- 15 days of PTO
- 11 Company-paid holidays
- 401k Retirement plan with company match
- Additional professional credential sponsorship
- Energetic and professional atmosphere in our LEED CI Gold HQ in Atlanta (if based in Atlanta)
If this position is of interest to you, please send your resume and information to Asa Posner and Jenn Mahon: