Sustainable Investment Group was pleased to be hired by Parkway Realty Services to take the mixed-use, high rise known as 3344 Peachtree in Atlanta through the LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance rating system. The building achieved LEED Gold Certification on August 30, 2013. This process was lead and managed by Asa Posner, a Senior Sustainability Consultant, at SIG.
This sleek and beautifully designed 50-story building was completed in 2008 and is located in the heart of Buckhead less than a block from the Buckhead Marta Station. The central, upscale location makes it convenient for alternative commuters. It is also within walking distance of many restaurants, hotels, Lenox Square Mall, and other retail stores. Since this is a mixed-use building, the office and retail portion are located on the first 28 floors. The residential portion of the building, known as Sovereign, encompasses floors 29-50 and includes 82 luxury condos. There is also an adjacent 11-story parking garage.
The building offers many amenities with a coffee shop and a Fifth Third Bank location onsite. The Buckhead Club, a private city club, is located on the 26th floor, and offers an executive workout center, meeting space, and cuisine with impeccable service as well as incredible views.
Here are a few of the highlights of SIG’s LEED Gold effort at 3344 Peachtree:
- The building does an excellent job conserving water through its water efficient landscaping program. There is no permanent irrigation system installed, and all watering of exterior plants is done by the landscaper with non-potable water only.
- On average, the mercury content of lamps in the building is 58 picograms per lumen hour – far below the threshold of “90” required for LEED compliance.
- 77% of open office workstations and private offices have individual lighting controls.
- Nearly 60% of all regularly occupied space within the building has access to a view to the exterior.
- A high performance green cleaning program is in place. This program uses less toxic cleaning chemicals throughout the building.
- The building earned the 2013 ENERGY STAR label and is in the top 18% in the nation in terms of energy efficiency for buildings of similar size and characteristics.
- The building offset 25% of its annual electricity usage for the next two years by purchasing Renewable Energy Certificates.
To learn more about the building and its available space, click here
© 2013 Sustainable Investment Group (SIG). All rights reserved.